Pork Tenderloin is on the menu at the Pit. The BBQ Pit Boys use a two tied Tenderloin Roast technique that keeps the pork moist and tender. It’s stuffed with their Apple Butter stuffing..
Written by the BBQ Pit Boys.
And it’s real easy to do with these simple tips. You have to check this recipe out.
The ingredients you'll need:
* Pork Loin – 4 – 1 lb. each approximately
* Butter – 2 sticks
* Onion – 1 diced
* Bacon – ¼ lb. regular sliced, partially cooked
* Apple Sauce – 1 ½ cups (fresh made or store bought)
* SPG – 1 Tbsp.
* BBQ Sauce – optional
* Brown Gravy - optional
* Butchers String
* Meat Mallet
* Cooking Tray
1. Remove silver skin from each tenderloin
2. Using a meat mallet pound out one side of the tenderloin creating texture to hold filling
3. Using your Old Hickory knife, score the same side each tenderloin to add more depth
4. Add one stick of softened butter to apple sauce and mix with a fork
5. Mix in SPG (you can make it yourself or order ours at www.bbqpitboysshop.com/spg.php)
6. Spread mixture liberally over each tenderloin making sure to get it down into the score marks
7. Sprinkle diced onions over each tenderloin to taste
8. Add bacon slices evenly
9. Stack one tenderloin on top of another one with the apple butter mixture in the middle
10. Repeat step for other tenderloins
11. Cut 6 even strips of butchers string and lay out on a flat surface
12. Take tenderloin and place in the middle
13. Tie the tenderloins together using tight knots to keep the stuffing inside
14. Repeat step for other tenderloin
15. Trim excess string from each tenderloin
16. Place tenderloins on cooking tray
17. Season again with SPG to taste
18. Bring grill temperature up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Place coals to the side for indirect cooking.
19. Place pan opposite hot coals and cook for 20 minutes with grill lid on
20. Remove grill lid and rotate, baste each roast in BBQ sauce (optional) cover grill and cook additional 20-25 minutes or until an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit is reached
21. Add pan drippings and pre-made brown gravy in a pan
22. Place on grill to warm while tenderloins are resting
23. Remove tenderloins from pan and place on a cutting board
24. Cover with aluminum foil or an aluminum pan for 5-10 minutes
25. Serve with gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, and apple sauce.
26. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!