Cowboy Rib Steaks
Thick-cut Rib Steaks, also known in some parts as bone-in Ribeye steaks, scotch fillets, or some even call 'em Cowboy Steaks, are grilled at the Pit. And it's quick and easy to serve them up moist and tender, as shown by the BBQ Pit Boys.
The ingredients you'll need:
Rib eye steaks -- 3 (bone in)
Oil -- 2 Tablespoon (as needed)
Seasoning rub -- 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (salt, pepper, garlic mix as needed)
Bourbon -- 1 Tablespoon (more or less as needed)
1. Trim off the top of steak as shown in the video.
2. Preheat grill to 375 degree F.
3. Drizzle oil on both sides of meat and rub seasoning mix to coat well.
4. Drizzle bourbon and let rest for a few minutes.
5. Place meat on grill over direct flame and sear for a few minutes on both sides.
6. Transfer to indirect flame, cover and cook until internal temperature reaches 135 degree F (medium rare).
7. Remove meat from grill and let rest for a few minutes before carving.
8. Serve hot with sauteed onion and mushroom.