recipe for a moist and tender Corned Beef every time, guaranteed. Add some Potatoes and Cabbage and it’s an Irish American classic.
BBQ Corned Beef Brisket Recipe
For this recipe you’re going to need the following ingredients
- 1 whole brisket about 7 lbs
- SPG seasoning
- Use Salt and cracked pepper if you don’t have SPG
- Beer, Use your favorite beer
- 1 Bay leaf
- First place the brisket into a big pot
- Add enough water to just covert the meat,
- Add a bottle of beer
- Add some coriander
- Add some black pepper corn
- Add a bay leaf,
- Simmer for about an hour
- Remove the brisket from the pot and prepare it for the smoker
- Pad it dry and season it with salt and pepper, rub it over with some oil to get the seasoning to stick
- We used our SPG, then place it on the smoker for at about an hour for some low and slow heat at about 250-275 f
- After about an hour, wrap the brisket in some aluminum foil add some beer for moisture and place it back on the foil for another hour.
- Once the hour is up take it off the smoker and wrap it up in a blanket to rest, the longer you keep it wrapped up, the more tender it becomes (we wrapped our for about 40 minutes.)
- Serve with potatoes and cabbage, you can cook the potatoes in the water used to boil the brisket.