Not just another burger. Serve these stuffed hamburgers at your Pit and kick it up a notch..!
The ingredients you'll need:
Stuff 'em with what you like..! We used:
Ground Chuck – 4-5 pounds 80/20
Bacon – 2 pounds regular cut (Pork Belly)
Canned Beer – 1 unopened
Buns - 6
Cheese – chunked/shredded (your favorite will do)
Bell Peppers – Red/Green
Tomato – chopped
1. Bring grill temperature up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit with coals offset for indirect cooking.
2. Sauté mushrooms, onions, and peppers.
3. Heat up some beef hash, chopped tomato, bacon, roast beef, and canned chili. (Or your favorite toppings)
4. Make hamburger balls, 8 to 12 ounces each. Make sure meat is cold.
5. Press beer can into the center of each meatball forming a pocket around the can.
6. Wrap bacon around each one. Should take two pieces of bacon.
7. Using a dishtowel, remove beer can from meatball carefully.
8. Do this until all meatballs have been formed.
9. Take stuffing/toppings and start placing inside meatball pockets. Use your favorite toppings.
10. Chunk cheese and place 2-3 pieces inside desired meatballs or top with shredded cheese.
11. Add a few dashes of hot sauce or bbq sauce.
12. Place bacon burgers opposite hot coals for indirect cooking.
13. Put a lid on the grill and cook for one hour. (Optional – turn and rotate after 30 minutes)
14. After one hour check the burgers for doneness.
15. Remove from grill.
16. Place bacon burgers on buns.
17. Top with favorite condiments.
18. Serve with fries, chips, coleslaw, potato salad, or grilled vegetables.
19. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!