A Carne Asada steak sandwich made with Chipotle Pepper marinated Flank Steak is real easy to grill on the barbecue, as shown by the BBQ Pit Boys.
The ingredients you'll need:
Flank Steak – 2 lbs.
Montreal Spicy Steak Seasoning – 1 bottle
Chipotle Pepper Marinade – 1 package
Water – ¼ cup
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – ¼ cup
Green Chile Sauce – 1-2 cups (Tomatillo Sauce)
Onion – 1 sliced
Avocado – 1
Lime – 1
Tomatoes – 2
Jalapenos – 2-3 whole, fresh
Pickled Jalapenos – 5-6 pieces, to taste
Lettuce – 2 cups, shredded
Cilantro – 1 bunch, fresh
Black Bean Refried Beans – 1 can, good quality
1. Mix Chipotle Pepper Marinade with oil and water. Mix well.
2. Place flank steak in a one gallon baggie.
3. Pour marinade over steak, turning to coat.
4. Place in refrigerator overnight to marinade.
5. Bring grill temperature up to 400-450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place hot coals to one side for indirect cooking.
6. Remove flank steak from baggie and place directly over coals and sear each side 4-5 minutes with grill lid off. Turn; sear other side 4-5 minutes.
7. After both sides are seared, move to indirect heat, cover grill for 5-6 minutes for a medium-rare flank steak.
8. Remove flank steak and place on a cutting board. Cover with foil and let rest 10-15 minutes.
9. Heat up black refried beans in a pan.
10. Slice avocado and discard seed. Scrape avocado flesh into a bowl.
11. Add fresh squeezed juice from ½ a lime to avocado and mash. Set to side for serving.
12. Slice onion thinly into rings.
13. Slice tomato and jalapeno. Remove meat and seeds from jalapeno for a milder taste.
14. Remove the foil and thinly slice the flank steak against the grain.
15. Place black refried beans on Bolillo roll.
16. Top with flank steak.
17. Spread on mashed avocado.
18. Sprinkle with Spicy Montreal Steak Seasoning.
19. Add onions, pickled jalapenos, fresh cilantro, fresh jalapenos, tomatoes, and shredded lettuce.
20. Place sandwich back on grill opposite hot coals for 5 minutes to crisp bread. Cover grill.
21. Remove from grill and place on a plate.
22. Slice top bun in two or three places with a knife.
23. Top with tomatillo sauce.
24. Serve with Mexican rice, salsa verde, and warm tortilla chips.
25. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!