The BBQ Pit Boys “low and slow” a Pork Shoulder for 12 hours, shred it, and then pile it high on grilled Bacon Cheeseburgers.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
For this recipe, we used:
- 7.5lb bone-in Pork Shoulder, also known as a Boston Butt
- 2/3 lb. each Beef Burgers
- 4lbs thick-cut Bacon
- Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese
- Pork Rub
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider
- Apply the Rub to the Pork Shoulder,
- place it in a marinade bag,
- and add some Apple Cider (substitute Juice).
- Let it marinade in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
- Place it in your smoker and then "low and slow" at 225-250f until the internal temperature of the Shoulder reaches 195f. Note: 195f is the temperature required to melt the connective tissue and fibers in the roast and produce tender and juicy Pulled Pork.
- Remove from the smoker, wrap in foil and let rest for about an hour.
- Shred the roast as shown.