Make a bunch of racks For this recipe your gonna need
- Pork loin back ribs
- Dry Rub
- Cheese Sauce
You could remove the membrane, there’s a lot of discussion about whether or not you should leave the membrane on or take it off. We like the membrane on for that crispy snap on the back side so we leave it on, just simply score or cross hatch the membrane with a knife. Put on some rub and set them aside to warm up for a couple of hours to create that layer of flavor.(Don’t put them in the refrigerator).
Here’s a pork rub recipe you can try
- 1 cup light brown sugar.
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika.
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt.
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder.
- 2 teaspoons black pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter,
- Add some cornstarch mixed with water to thicken it.
- Add about two cups of milk
- Some chili powder
- SPG ( Salt Pepper Garlic )
- Add about four cups of shredded cheese, use your favorite cheese. Melt it down until it gets nice and thick, keep up the stirring so it doesn’t burn or stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Inject some beer. If you don’t have a Meat Injector you can get one right here. Inject the beer right between the bones into the meat, it’s gonna add some additional moisture and some flavoring
- Cook at about 275 degrees Fahrenheit. ( 135 C)
It’s gonna take maybe four hours to do low and slow. You can add some wood to the coals too, we used seasoned maple, it has a nice sweet smoke, you can use whatever wood you have.
- After about an hour has gone by move the racks around to get more even cooking. You don’t want to turn them over, it’s not needed.
- About two hours into the cook, its time to cheat, often called the Texas cheat. Place them on some aluminum foil and add some of your favorite sauce, then wrap them up and chuck them back on the grill for around another 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes is up, unwrap them and mop with a basting of your favourite sauce to candy them up, put them back on for around another 45 minutes, minus the aluminum foil. repeat the mopping during this time if you like, it’s up to you, 2-3 bastings is what we normally do.
- Pour the Nacho Sauce over the ribs and throw some sliced jalapenos on there too for good measure.
Eat and Enjoy