Get that raise or promotion you wanted from your boss, or better yet, hook up with that new girly you met! It's real easy to do with this Surf and Turf barbecue recipe by the BBQ Pit Boys...!
The ingredients you'll need:
Rib Steak – 2 lbs. 2 inch thick
SPG Seasoning – Recipe found here
Sea Scallops – 10 or 12
Clams in Shell – 1 lb.
Garlic – 1 clove crushed
Shallot – 1 fine diced
Lemon Juice – 2 Tbsp.
Butter – 1 stick
Chopped Clams – 1 cup
White Wine – 1 cup
Heavy Cream – ½ cup
Black Iron Skillet – 2
Grills – 2 or Santa Maria style with two cooking grates
1. Set up both grills for indirect heat (hot coals on one side of the grill and no coals on the other side of the grill)
2. The steak will take the longest to cook so start it first
3. Season both sides of the steak with the SPG seasoning or your favorite seasoning
4. Place the seasoned steak directly over the hot coals to sear
5. You will sear each side for about 3 minutes
6. While steak is searing you can start on the Clam Sauce
7. After the steaks are seared on both sides move the steak over to the side of the grill with no coals to finish cooking
8. Cover the grill with the lid
THE CLAM SAUCE
9. Place a skillet over the hot coals on the second grill
10. Melt 1 Tbsp. of butter in the pan
11. Add the diced shallot to the pan
12. Add the crushed garlic clove
13. You just want to sweat the Shallot and Garlic
14. Add 1 cup of White Wine
15. Add more Butter
16. Add 2 Tbsp. of Lemon Juice
17. Add the Clams to the skillet to steam open
18. Cover grill with the lid until clams have steamed open
19. After clams have opened pour ¾ cup of Heavy Cream into the skillet
20. Add 1 lb. of chopped clams
21. Move the skillet to the side of the grill with no coals. Recover the grill with the lid to let the sauce reduce.
22. While the sauce is starting to reduce, season the Scallops on 1 side with Salt and Seafood Seasoning. Be very careful not to over season, you just want a very light sprinkle of salt and seasoning
23. Place the 2nd skillet directly over the hot coals on the same grill as the Clam Sauce to let heat up. You want a very hot pan to sear the scallops
24. Melt 2 Tbsp. of butter into the 2nd skillet
25. When the skillet is hot, place the scallops into the skillet
26. Sear about 2 minutes per side or until they get brown. Be careful to not overcook scallops because they will become tough.
27. When the steak is cooked to your desired doneness remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes. This lets the juices redistribute throughout the meat
28. On a plate or platter, place some scallops, and the steak
29. Add the clams to the plate pouring the clam sauce over the top of the clams and scallops
30. Serve and Enjoy!