There's plenty of white meat for the guests when you're smoking up a 10 lb. Boneless Turkey Breast. And it's real easy to do as shown by the BBQ Pit Boys.
The ingredients you'll need:
Boneless Turkey Breast – 10 lbs. (No more than 10% brining solutions added)
SPG – to taste
For Injection Marinade:
Butter – 1 stick unsalted
Garlic Powder – ½ teaspoon
Chicken Broth – ¼ cup
Bells Seasoning – ½ teaspoon, found in your local grocery store
1. Bring smoker temperature up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Use your favorite smoking wood/pellets.
2. Place a pan over hot coals and add ingredients for injection marinade. Stir as it heats up.
3. Fill meat injector with marinade and inject breast in 10-15 different places.
4. Apply SPG liberally to the breast.
5. Place breast in a roasting pan on the smoker.
6. Add another ½ cup of chicken broth to the bottom of the pan.
7. Insert an external thermometer into the top of the breast.
8. Periodically check to make sure there is broth in the bottom of the pan. Add broth as needed.
9. Remove breast from smoker when an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit is reached.
1. Place breast on cutting board and cover with aluminum foil and let rest 15-20 minutes.
2. Uncover and remove the strings holding breast together.
3. Carve breast for serving.
4. Serve with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, corn, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and, of course, deserts.
5. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!